Makeup As I Go

Let me admit this now, I’m not a pro at makeup. I feel like there is a lot to learn; I didn’t practice new looks/trends on a regular basis and there’s a lot that I missed out on. When I think about updating my makeup routine, I get a bit overwhelmed, there is just so much out there! I love going into Sephora, but half the time I don’t know what the heck I’m looking for. For the most part my makeup style has always been very natural: foundation, mascara, blush, and a soft lipstick. When I was younger I used to wear glasses, and I never wore eye makeup because I felt it made my eye area too dark – I have really dark under eye circles, so it was a real insecurity for me at that time and I didn’t want to attract any more attention to my eyes. So, now, when I do an eye makeup look it’s the same one over and over, which is a soft smoky eye.  I kid you not, but I have been using the same eye colors for this smoky look for years… I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that. Every time I try a new look with my eyes, I either mess it up or I’m not pleased with the end result. So I keep going back to my ‘old’ look which has me bored! Although the eyes may be bust, I do have fun with lipsticks! My lips aren’t too small nor too large so I always felt comfortable applying it. Other than that I get tons of compliments on my eyebrows, which always amazes me and throws me off guard (like it’s a bad thing?), so I plan on sharing how I create my eyebrow look. I’m setting a challenge for myself this new year to one) update my makeup routine and two) practice new looks that I’m not familiar with to become more comfortable. I want to try new products, makeup pallets, and start using some of the things I have bought but have never used. I have thus named this series “Makeup as I go.” I hope to share my trials and hopefully learn some new things from you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment